Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My contract

Here is my contract for health. I did get up this morning and do some exercise, so that's a start.

My commitment to my health

I, Tanise Robnett, being of sound mind and body, promise to make my health a priority from this day, February 25, 2013, onward. I want to feel good about myself and to treat my body and my spirit well. I will be honest to the best of my ability. I will not take personally what people say to me and do to me, realizing that they are coming from their own place. I will do my best to always ask questions and not assume. I will do my best each and every day. I will forgive myself whenever I fail or do or say something to hurt another person.

Specifically, I commit to losing weight. I would like to lose 44% of my current body weight of 266.2.   That will make me 149 pounds which is a healthy weight. That is nearly half of my current body weight. Wow.  I would like to lose this weight by my fortieth birthday on January 13, 2015, which is two years and ten months from now, or twenty two months from now.

REASONS I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT:
1.    To get into better shape, running up stairs without running out of breath, having more energy, being able to do more things in life
2.    Fitting in the airplane seat
3.    Riding the Batman ride
4.    Wearing the cute clothes that I own that I love
5.    Avoiding diabetes and other such diseases
6.    Confidence to pursue my dream careers
7.    Confidence to not be desperate with men

WHY I DON’T WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT:
1.    I’m afraid of failure
2.    I’m afraid of change
3.    I’m lazy
4.    Emotionally - food is comforting, food helps me escape, food makes me feel like I’ve got some money, food is celebratory, cooking for people makes me feel like people like me
5.    If I’m fat, I can avoid being hurt in relationships.

Healthy eating:
I make some changes to my food choices. My weaknesses are sweets, french fries, fast food, overindulging at restaurants and buffets, too many carbohydrates and emotional eating. I also do not eat enough vegetables, though I love fruit.
  I commit to exploring new healthy options with food.
  I commit to eating a lot less of my weakness foods.
  I commit to cooking more.
  I commit to enjoying all the food that I eat and not eating mindlessly without loving everything I eat.
  I commit to planning ahead regarding my food options.

Exercise goals:
I want to spend time every day doing physical activity. I’d like to get up every week day morning and do some form of exercise for twenty minutes.  All of the exercising will start with stretching.
Monday - ABC exercises
Tuesday – Fountain of Youth exercises
Wednesday - Arm exercises
Thursday - Thinner Thighs in thirty days exercises
Friday - Dance

Other exercises I would like to do:
Yoga
Walking
Running the Hot Chocolate 5K

Implementation of the goals:
Start off slowly with the morning exercises. A little every day and then add more reps per week.

Go to the yoga classes that I’ve signed up for with groupon starting the week of March 3, 2013.

Starting the week of March 3, 2013, walk ten minutes every day. Then add to it week by week until walking is at thirty minutes a day.

Start training for the 5K on August 3, 2013.

Continue having exercise projects for the rest of my life, especially since I am project oriented.




_____________________________________________

Tanise Aida Robnett

February 25, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment